Manager Career mode - Youth players age to 57 and retire?

Caltson
47 posts Last Pick at the Park
edited December 2016
Hey guys,

When you edit the outfit of a (computer-generated) academy youth player his age changes from 16 to 57 after saving. He also retires the next season because of old age.
This bug occurs with youth players born in the year 2000 or later. For some reason, the game seems to change the birthyear of these players when editing their outfits.
Probably the game doesn't reconize the birthyears after 1999, causing the game to reset te birthyear to the first possible birthyear in FIFA 17, which is 1960.

This bug was also present in FIFA 15 and FIFA 16, but only after a few seasons since the first youth players were born in 1998-1999. In FIFA 17, the first youth players are born in 2000 and thus the bug occurs nearly on all youth players.

The bug only occurs on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game.

To prove my report written above, see the following screenshot which shows a scouted star player with the age of 57 just after changing his boots and untucking his shirt.

SAM_3593.JPG

Post edited by Caltson on

Comments

• Arayas
    229 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2016
    "...2 newer versions of the game...." What? There is no newer version. It's the same game sience 2011 i think, when they introduced next gen to PC. Few squad updates, few gameplay tweaks and taaa-daaa, take the money from idiots. I'm one of the idiots. No more.

Simply don't use player edit. Like i don't use handball and cards. Like i will never use Fifa.
  • Caltson
    Sugetipula wrote: »
    "...2 newer versions of the game...." What? There is no newer version. It's the same game sience 2011 i think, when they introduced next gen to PC. Few squad updates, few gameplay tweaks and taaa-daaa, take the money from idiots. I'm one of the idiots. No more.

Simply don't use player edit. Like i don't use handball and cards. Like i will never use Fifa.

To be honest, it's just the second FIFA I've purchased. What I expected was not a completely new game but at least have the bugs from previous versions fixed. I'm not really playing really much but when I do, I'd like a good experience without having to report one minor, silly issue to a customer service that doesn't even seem to listen.

I get your point though. I have the same feelings knowing that I had to pay about €60 for exactly the same with new kits and players but with the same bugs.
  • Caltson
    edited December 2016
    Bump, issue still present, awaiting feedback!

I've been reporting this issue (along with many other members of the community) for several times but so far hasn't been picked up by EA or at least given the feedback that it's being investigated.
    I'm absolutely disgusted with how the customer service operates and seems to ignore this issue no matter trough which channel you try to report the issue.

I purchased my first FIFA for PS3 in 2015, being FIFA 2015. I must admit that I enjoyed the game alot, despite it having some irritating bugs every now and then.

For example, there was this bug in the Manager career mode that aged your (computer-generated) youth players from 16 to 57 after editing their appereance. Considering all computer-generated players have their shirts tucked in their shorts, it's not so weird to use this function rather often.

Now, 2 years later I've purchased FIFA 17 and guess what when I edit a youth player from my academy.. Same bug.
    The youth player turns from age 16 to age 57 and starts talking about retiring next season.
    This bug seems to happen with youth players born in or after the year 2000. In FIFA 15, you could be spared from this bug until playing trough a few seasons, but in FIFA 17 the bug is present from the very beginning since youth players from season 1 are born in 2000.
    Basically, this bug prevents you from editing your own youth player's appereances. Having their shirts being tucked in I experience that rather as a very annoying bug.

I don't really mind a game having bugs, but I do take it very seriously that the very same bug seems to exist in 2 newer versions of the game.
    What I also take seriously, is that the issue has been reported 10.000x times on i-don't-know how much communities, and still the issue hasn't been investigated..
    Post edited by Caltson on
  • Caltson
    Caltson wrote: »
    Bump, issue still present, awaiting feedback!

Steps taken in the meanwhile:

- Reported the bug on EA answers, no reply or feedback received.
    - Contacted EA through support chat; after a computer-like conversation I was redirected to report the issue on this board (again), explaining the bump once more.
    - Reported the bug on twitter, also redirected to this board.
    - Reported the bug on twitter another time with photo, awaiting feedback.

From all issues I've ever reported, I've never had to do this much effort without receiving one form of feedback!
    What more can be done to get this bug reported to the right people so it can be finally fixed?
    Let me repeat that this bug was also present on FIFA 15 and FIFA 16 and that this board, EA answers and much other communities are reporting this bug since 2014 (!!)

It's time to get this fixed. people have already providided the cause of the bug, it's just a matter of looking into it and providing the right fix.
    Updated the bug report in my 1st post on this topic. Thanks for looking into this!

Best wishes for 2017

- Caltson
  • Cooler08
    351 posts Sunday League Hero
    Last gen is no longer a priority for EA so the bug probably won't get fixed.

Even the bugs in current gen don't even get fixed i.e. the bug where you can be scheduled to play two matches within two days.
  • Nylonbag219
    74 posts Park Captain
    Cooler08 wrote: »

Even the bugs in current gen don't even get fixed i.e. the bug where you can be scheduled to play two matches within two days.

Not only last gen mate, it also happens in current gen too.
  • Caltson
    edited January 1
    Cooler08 wrote: »

Not only last gen mate, it also happens in current gen too.

Does it happen the same way I've wrote it down or does it happen when taking other steps? I would like to know!

Happy new year by the way ;)
  • Nylonbag219
    74 posts Park Captain
    It happens the same way my friend.
  • Caltson
    Shame to hear it even happens on new gen consoles.
    Recently I've contacted EA through chat to report this issue once again. I had the feeling that the issue was taken serious as the advisor did make the time to report the issue properly.
    I hope that we might see this issue resolved in the next update EA provides, espescially considering this issue has been ongoing for quite a few years now.
  • MuzzaLUFC
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    This used to bug the hell out of me on Fifa 15, I was pretty outraged when the bug was still present on Fifa 16 - I'm surprised to hear it's still present on Fifa 17.

I've since upgraded to Xbox One, so can edit my youth players without them turning 57, but I know this issue was originally present on Fifa 15 on Xbox One & PS4, so EA have fixed it - they just obviously decided fixing it for the older gens isn't important.

Shocking really, and I really do sympathise with you.
  • Caltson
    MuzzaLUFC wrote: »
    This used to bug the hell out of me on Fifa 15, I was pretty outraged when the bug was still present on Fifa 16 - I'm surprised to hear it's still present on Fifa 17.

I've since upgraded to Xbox One, so can edit my youth players without them turning 57, but I know this issue was originally present on Fifa 15 on Xbox One & PS4, so EA have fixed it - they just obviously decided fixing it for the older gens isn't important.

Shocking really, and I really do sympathise with you.

What keeps me hoping is that FIFA 17 is written with a newer engine / coding than the PS3/Xbox 360 versions. I sincerely hope it's just a bug that's been slipping trough controls but with decent reporting it may actually get solved after all these years.

This bug was also the reason why I haven't bought FIFA 16. It's only because I've the new training features and pre-season tournaments that I decided to buy FIFA 17. If there are many others (who are not stating their opinion online but still not buy the game because of these issues) this might have a bigger impact on last-gen users buying a new copy of FIFA than expected.
  • Caltson
    What I would like to know - On PS4 systems, did the bug occur after an update or was it present from the very beginning?
    Just wondering since I don't see much bug reports from new-gen users experiencing this bug, mostly the last-gen users experiencing the same bug since FIFA 15.
  • Caltson
    Update - Bug still present in the last title update (1.06) on Playstation 3. Reported the issue once more to EA through chat today where they assured me the issue would be resolved..
  • Tomcarlos
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Does something have changed?
  • Caltson
    Tomcarlos wrote: »
    Does something have changed?

So far?
    No. I've reported the issue once again after update 1.06 came out and tested the situation.
    Not sure if it will ever get solved, but the least I can keep doing is reporting the same over and over.
    Maybe the right person will find one of the reports on one day.
  • Tomcarlos

This video shoes another problem. But the strange thing is that the youthplayer keeps his age after his boots are changed.
  • Caltson

This video shoes another problem. But the strange thing is that the youthplayer keeps his age after his boots are changed.

I suspect that the youth player is born in 1999 since he's in the first season. The age only changes with youth players born in 2000 or later. I suppose the birthdate of the youth player is somewhere between September - December.

The bug he shows is also present when I edit a player. sometimes the player overall rating is increased or decreased after editing his appereance.
  • Tomcarlos
    Okay that is possible, i thought that every youthplayer in 17 has this issue. So my hope is gone again for old gen. The news that next gen has this issue confuses me because a friend of mine has the ps4 version and the age bug does not happen there.
  • Caltson
    Okay that is possible, i thought that every youthplayer in 17 has this issue. So my hope is gone again for old gen. The news that next gen has this issue confuses me because a friend of mine has the ps4 version and the age bug does not happen there.

As far as I know, new-gen shouldn't have the issue, but I've came across people reporting they experience the same bug.
  • Tomcarlos
    Does the new patch changes anything?
  • Caltson
    Does the new patch changes anything?
    There was no patch for PS3.
    Anyway, tried a new career mode to see if anything changed so far, but no.
    If I'm lucky, I find youth players in the first season born in 1999 and the bug doesn't occur, but youth players born in 2000 or later are all having issues when editing their appereance.

At this moment my 'main' career mode is in the season '19-'20, you can expect I see more and more youth players coming in with their tucked-in shirts. Kind of frustrating, like it will be a new trend in the future!

• SACanuckinOz
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 27
    I'm note sure if the edit player thing still affects players.

I have 16 year old from Ajax (De Ligt), and a player called Thill (from Luxembourg), both 16, and nothing weird happened when I changed their kits

I play on Xbox One
  • Caltson
    I'm note sure if the edit player thing still affects players.

I have 16 year old from Ajax (De Ligt), and a player called Thill (from Luxembourg), both 16, and nothing weird happened when I changed their kits

I play on Xbox One

Only happens on computer-generated players and on PS3/Xbox 360.
  • Hi, I've got FIFA 17 on PC and I've got very similar problem. Gianluigi Donnarumma from Milan in the career/manager mode is 56 years old and is ending his career.. After I read this forum now I know, that this is the effect of editing him someday. I edited his age with Cheat Engine, but there is still problem with retirement after first season.. I see that there was problem with that in previous FIFA's and there is still no resolve from EA.. This is so annoying and very disrespectful behaviour of EA. Shame on you. Your games are very expensive, in many countries expensive as hell and you even don't respect customers asking for resolving a problem presented in last three FIFA games.
  • FootyGame03
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    It might be happening to various platforms. If you edited the 17(or 16) years old player, it seems to be happen.
  • SACanuckinOz
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just made that schoolboy error again.
    Bottom line, DON'T edit a player < 18 years old AT ALL, until you are in the game
  • FUT_Moe
    727 posts Sunday League Hero
    I can confirm %100 that this bug is also present in the Xbox One version of FIFA 17.
  • Tomcarlos
    FUt_Moe does this bug happen with existing players like Donnarumma or also with youth players from your accademy when they are <18 in career mode?
  • FUT_Moe
    727 posts Sunday League Hero
    FUt_Moe does this bug happen with existing players like Donnarumma or also with youth players from your accademy when they are <18 in career mode?

As far as I can see, it's only happening with existing players, and it is exactly Donnarumma in my Career Mode!
  • Tomcarlos
    FUT_Moe wrote: »

As far as I can see, it's only happening with existing players, and it is exactly Donnarumma in my Career Mode!

Can you test it with a young but not high potential youth player 16 years old in your career so that we all know if next gen have same issue or it something different?