The Formula One Lounge

Apollo
5219 posts Big Money Move
edited May 2015
A thread to discuss all things related to Formula One.

Last Race: Bahrain Grand Prix - Winner: Lewis Hamilton
Next Race: Spanish Grand Prix

Will update the OP at a later date.
Post edited by Apollo on

Comments

• Cory
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    Looking forward to the next race!

Hopefully McLaren Honda make a few more steps forward. Weird seeing Jenson and Fernando at the back of the grid.
  • Apollo
    Cory wrote: »
    Looking forward to the next race!

Hopefully McLaren Honda make a few more steps forward. Weird seeing Jenson and Fernando at the back of the grid.

Should be good! The last race was quality!

Yeah definitely. If McLaren just made some improvement again that would be good, they definitely made some progress in the last race, despite the race retirements.
  • Cory
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2015
    Apollo wrote: »

Yeah definitely. If McLaren just made some improvement again that would be good, they definitely made some progress in the last race, despite the race retirements.
    Yeah they looked far better than in Melbourne. If they can get themselves ahead of Force India soon, that'd be decent and then they can start chasing down the Saubers' and other mid tier teams. It'll probably take a fair few more races but as long as progress is made every race, its good.
  • Apollo
    edited April 2015
    Cory wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »

Yeah they looked far better than in Melbourne. If they can get themselves ahead of Force India soon, that'd be decent and then they can start chasing down the Saubers' and other mid tier teams. It'll probably take a fair few more races but as long as progress is made every race, its good.
    Definitely. Yeah, it will take a while, but hopefully McLaren can get there. Would be good if both Alonso and Button can finish the next race.
  • Very happy Vettel won, great to see Merceded getting beaten on track, unlike their 3 losses last year. I do believe Vettel can have multiple world titles at in the future.
  • ConGard
    330 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hopefully McLaren can progress again in the next race and have at least one car finish while being competitive. A few more races with the same level of progression as last race pace wise and improvements in stability and hopefully they can become a big team again. Would be great if they follow the same course as Williams kinda did last year by making massive strides mid season
  • Ash
    20397 posts Club Captain
    Far too many McLaren fans
  • Apollo
    edited April 2015
    Ash wrote: »
    :joy:

Williams fan?
  • stickey
    14418 posts Moderator
    Fair play to them, most McLaren fans I know buggered off to Merc when Lewis left.
  • Apollo
    stickey wrote: »
    Fair play to them, most McLaren fans I know buggered off to Merc when Lewis left.
    How competitive do you think Ferrari will be in the next race? The last race was a great performance but a contributing factor tbf was the Mercedes strategy during the race.

• stickey
    14418 posts Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Vettel hasn't got the best record in China (qualified well at Red Bull just bottled the race itself) and we were blown out by the Mercs here last year. Confident enough of both Kimi and Seb getting into the points.

If we set up for the straight lines again like in Malaysia we'll be close. Saying that, I can't see past a Merc 1-2 here.
  • Ash
    20397 posts Club Captain
    Still, McLaren are responsible for that creature.

cant believe I actually want Ferrari to do well cause **** if we're doing owt this year. Best thing to hope for is Sutil getting sacked
  • stickey
    14418 posts Moderator

cant believe I actually want Ferrari to do well cause **** if we're doing owt this year. Best thing to hope for is Sutil getting sacked
    Still fancy Williams to give us a good fight for second in the Constructors. Would have been great if you could have rescued Bruno from Formula E (**** hell, what a downfall).

Sutil is hilarious. Remember when he attacked the Lotus owner with a broken champagne glass?
  • Ash
    20397 posts Club Captain

Still fancy Williams to give us a good fight for second in the Constructors. Would have been great if you could have rescued Bruno from Formula E (**** hell, what a downfall).

Sutil is hilarious. Remember when he attacked the Lotus owner with a broken champagne glass?
    Bruno in the role would have been excellent but Sutil is awful, I'd rather claire fill in. Idk, while the Mercedes engines have helped us get the **** away from 16th and 17th they're pretty much stunting any chance of progression. It's not looking too good, think Bottas will beat Kimi in the drivers. Think as soon as Red Bull get their **** together it'll probably be us and them for 3rd
  • LiveArsenal
    1207 posts Professional
    Go Kimi and Ferrari all the way. But IMO, unfortunately I think Mercedes will dominate again in China with Ferrari in 2nd and Williams in 3rd. If any of you guys knew already, this years Ferrari is very well suited in extreme hot and humid conditions, explained by James Allison himself. It would be very hard to achieve another race like Malaysia but I'll remain optimistic :smile:
  • alexanderk26
    1395 posts Professional
    Ferrari looked good in Malaysia but I don't see them maintaining that. Mercedes is going to dominate once again. Hopefully I'm wrong
  • LiveArsenal
    1207 posts Professional
    China this weekend! Free practice 1 is done and Ferrari are 3 and 4. Hope that Ferrari have another good result :)
  • Handy Andy
    4405 posts National Call-Up
    Only saw a few days ago that f1 2015 was announced, hopefully the step up to next gen will see a big improvement :)
  • LiveArsenal
    1207 posts Professional
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    Only saw a few days ago that f1 2015 was announced, hopefully the step up to next gen will see a big improvement :)
    They'll have it for PC right? And is there a set date for the release?
  • Handy Andy
    4405 posts National Call-Up
    Think it's on pc :)

Release date is sometime in June I believe
  • P
    5391 posts Big Money Move
    I think lewis will be hard to stop in China but forget the result. What abomination will Eddie Jordan wear this week?
  • Andrew
    393 posts Sunday League Hero
    why was everyone putting a 1:40+ in the final parts of P2? Tyres? I just watched the last 10mins and compared the fastest lap times
  • LiveArsenal
    1207 posts Professional
    Andrew wrote: »
    why was everyone putting a 1:40+ in the final parts of P2? Tyres? I just watched the last 10mins and compared the fastest lap times

Yeah probably, or there isn't any need to push for a faster time since it's just practice. Dunno...
  • Apollo
    Had hoped that Mclaren would just be able to get into q2 this time. Shame, hopefully they can have an alright race.
  • Mart
    7148 posts Big Money Move
    Andrew wrote: »

Testing long runs, race setting.
  • stickey
    14418 posts Moderator
    Seeing as Fernando has nothing better to do, let's hope he does what's best for everyone and accidentally blocks Lewis in a corner.
  • LiveArsenal
    1207 posts Professional
    Seeing as Fernando has nothing better to do, let's hope he does what's best for everyone and accidentally blocks Lewis in a corner.

Yes :D. Also I heard that once Alonso's contract expires then he will retire.
  • Shaanxz
    15213 posts World Class

Don't do this to me, if he ends his career with two world champsionships, one of the biggest tragedys in f1

• LiveArsenal
    1207 posts Professional
    Shaanxz wrote: »

Don't do this to me, if he ends his career with two world champsionships, one of the biggest tragedys in f1

It's what I saw...
  • LiveArsenal
    1207 posts Professional
    A little over an hour till the race. Come on Ferrari. I think Rosburg might blow the start.