Forever 18 - A Kasey Keller Story

Comments

• Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    Some drama building for the final matches for Levante; so tight for the Europa league spots. Sigi seems to be doing all right as well.

I'm a little late, but the details to the ECSL are impressive. Does that come entirely from you, or is some of this real proposals being floated around? The work you put in going from different FIFA versions makes this one of the best stories in my opinion. I am anticipating where you go with this; should be good.
  • Danimal5981
    520 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 19
    5th spot at 4 points.... suppose Barcelona, Real or Atlético win the Champions League, then that's a Champions League play-off spot!... that would be sensational.

EDIT: screw that. Real Madrid play Ajax in the Champions League semi-final!? That's like a wet dream for me!
  • Greenman019
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sevilla having a good season. I fear for Ajax in that semi-final :o
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Some drama building for the final matches for Levante; so tight for the Europa league spots. Sigi seems to be doing all right as well.
    After all he's probably leaving if he doesn't finish in a UEL position at least... Donald is Donald! :joy:

Sevilla having a good season. I fear for Ajax in that semi-final :o
    Real Madrid play Ajax in the Champions League semi-final!? That's like a wet dream for me!
    Yeah, I was surprised to see them reach this far (sorry man), but they defeated Borussia Dortmund in the quarters and they're now playing Real Madrid even if they've lost 2-0 the first leg.

The work you put in going from different FIFA versions makes this one of the best stories in my opinion.
    Thank you so much man, really really appreciated. Getting things aligned from a version to another is a hard task at times, but the satisfaction of seeing the story progress is too big to stop doing it. :)

I'm a little late, but the details to the ECSL are impressive. Does that come entirely from you, or is some of this real proposals being floated around?
    You're not late at all, you're early indeed! I would've addressed this issue at a later date, during the UEFA presentation of the new league system, but... Well, I got the core idea from here: an Italian editer tied to do a similar thing for FIFA 14 and I collaborated with some kits. :)
    It's from then that I'd love to do a career in such a league system and apparently the moment will come soon. :)
  • ale85bg
    Meanwhile, the league is over... :)

lqodYll.png

A7SRoM5.png

cvda7Tq.png

Zuv1giS.png

We unfortunately could not extend our undefeated run as hoped but we still managed to get a couple of wins and a draw against Atlético which, despite being in an awful run of form, are still one of Spain's best teams.
  • Greenman019
    Only the 1 loss though, and a nice draw against Madrid. Recovered pretty well in the end I think.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    Sad to lose your undefeated streak there but still a very solid end to the season, especially considering how bleak things were looking for a while there when you were closer to relegation than to Europe.
  • Wyojasond
    7718 posts League Winner
    Great run to finish the season. Really showed the team has a lot of potential moving forward.
  • subpop
    765 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good results despite the defeat vs Real Sociedad. Definitely the team has potential to grow. I wonder if the team have a future in the new system created by UEFA.
  • ale85bg
    Great run to finish the season. Really showed the team has a lot of potential moving forward.
    subpop wrote: »
    Good results despite the defeat vs Real Sociedad. Definitely the team has potential to grow. I wonder if the team have a future in the new system created by UEFA.
    Yeah, the potential is definitely there. And I wouldn't worry about being in the ECSL: according to MARCA's insiders, RFEF will register 18 teams, 15 of which will be from the 2015/16 Liga BBVA and three of which will be from the 2015/16 Liga Adelante. So, there's still a chance also for Celta, Mallorca and Zaragoza even if they've been relegated.

Only the 1 loss though, and a nice draw against Madrid. Recovered pretty well in the end I think.
    Sad to lose your undefeated streak there but still a very solid end to the season, especially considering how bleak things were looking for a while there when you were closer to relegation than to Europe.
    Yeah, we improved a lot since moving to a three at the back approach. We suffered a little more upfront, but it's been a step forward if we look at the big picture. The only bad thing is that it's unfortunately not been enough to clinch one of the European spots:

HqIevM5.png
  • JoshDFC
    745 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Not a terrible season mid table is a good finish gives you a platform to build on for next season
  • Virtual_K
    1006 posts Professional
    Shame that Levante missed out on Europe, but at least Barcelona didn't win another title or the cup. :D
    With all the money Bill Gates brings to the table, maybe Levante can spend a little more on hiring a good fitness coach. :o I think Keller has shown that he can manage this team for greater glory next season.
  • ale85bg
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Not a terrible season mid table is a good finish gives you a platform to build on for next season
    Shame that Levante missed out on Europe, but at least Barcelona didn't win another title or the cup. :D
    Yeah it's somehow a shame but hey, it happens. It's better to miss out like this than to miss out like it happened during our first year at Gladbach after all. :)

And by the way, the one in the April monthly update is a typo: I wrote that Real were sure to play the final of the Copa but it was supposed to be Barcelona: Real had drawn against Valencia in the first leg while Barcelona had defeated Athletic Bilbao 4-1, I didn't check before writing the update and I thought it was the other way round, I don't know why...
    Regarding Barcelona, they had a disastrous start of the season but they recovered wonderfully in the second part of it, and I'm really sad to see that they didn't win anything in the end. :(
  • subpop
    It was a good season after all. The positive aspect is that the team is very near the next level.

It will be interesting to follow this story. Thanks for the info about the Superleague.
  • ale85bg
    subpop wrote: »
    It was a good season after all. The positive aspect is that the team is very near the next level. It will be interesting to follow this story. Thanks for the info about the Superleague.
    Yeah, definitely a very good year after all. We paid some stupid results against smaller teams (sorry for Zaragoza, but... Two draws? Those are four points dropped, no matter why). We're most likely ready to fight for a UEL spot apparently.
    What surprised me the most is that all around Europe there have been several surprises: Tottenham, Lokomotiv Moscow, Standard Liège... Strange year overall!

iBvAqxI.png
  • Greenman019
    Not a bad finish at all tbh. A solid base to build upon.

Interesting results around the world as well, Dortmund winning in Germany and Liverpool winning the EL :o
  • ale85bg
    Not a bad finish at all tbh. A solid base to build upon.
    Thanks, it should really be a good base to build upon but... Apparently we unexpectedly lost one of our key elements:

JNrELsU.png

After suffering a knee injury halfway through the season, our man Momo Sissoko decided that the 2014/15 season would be his last one as a football player.
    The former Liverpool and Juventus player announced today his decision to quit playing and his will to become a football manager in the future. «Football is my life and it will be so also in the future» the midfielder wrote in a Facebook post «but the last season made me think about the future: there comes a time when recovering from injuries becomes just too hard and eventually you just can't take it anymore. I'm 30 and I've played in many wnderful teams, and its time for me to give way and to start thinking about another role in footballing, for example becoming a manager».
    Levante would love to thank the midfielder for the constant dedication he showed during the last year and a half playing for Levante, and to wish him all the best for his future projects.

x2Io4aj.png
  • Greenman019
    Bit of a blow, quite an early retirement :o
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    Ouch, that's gonna be a hard loss to bounce back from, he's a pretty key player. Retiring at 30, that's just crazy!
  • ale85bg
    Bit of a blow, quite an early retirement :o
    Ouch, that's gonna be a hard loss to bounce back from, he's a pretty key player. Retiring at 30, that's just crazy!
    Yeah, kind of a blow... I guess last season's injuries played a key role in him deciding to call it quits.
    IRL he went to India or China in the 2015 summer, I don't remember... But he isn't in either the FIFA 16 default database or in the FIFA 17 default one, so... He can't appear anymore as a player in this career. Trivia: he's featured ONCE in one of the FIFA 17 March weekly updates as he joined Italian side Ternana in February, he played a match then he rescinded.
  • ale85bg
    edited March 28
    Dear journal,

big news coming up! Really, really big! You already know Momo decided to quit playing... I'm still baffled by his decision to retire, but I can see his point: we had a long talk before the decision and he told me he doesn't feel he can rely on his strength anymore. "Each time I face an injury, I come back weaker than before... And this kills me a little every time. I'd better stop now that I'm still a decent player, before going out on the pitch one day and be laughed at because I'd be p!*s poor in a couple years' time" were his words.

The big thing here is that we officially signed Nabil Ghilas: I've seen him play a couple of times and I'm sure the French forward could be very, very useful to us in the next season... And he looks happy to join too!
    IsKyfdK.png
    Unfortunately, for every happy player there's someone unhappy... After hearing of the new purchase, David Barral left the technical meeting slamming the door and handed in a transfer request shortly after, directly to Bill no less.
    He's never been satisfied with his playing time, and he was concerned that Ghilas would bring even more playing time away from him, so he just decided to leave and to look for better occasions elsewhere:
    lgzTJOL.png
    I don't really know what to say dear journal... I tried treating every player as an equal, but apparently I failed. We couldn't retain him and probably this has been the right choice anyway, as he would've brought discontent in the locker room had he decided to stay.
    Well, let's see what the remainder of the market brings: I have the impression that we're not done here.

See you soon dear jounal, hopefully with a new signing!
    Post edited by ale85bg on
  • ale85bg
    edited March 29
    Dear journal,

it's always good to come back home. I decided to come back home in Seattle for a handful of days before the start of the pre-season, and what better than going to see one of the MLS matches right after landing? Surely I couldn't say 'no' to a couple of friends... Especially when the old friends are called Megan and Hope:

vHT6dYm.png

Knowing Kris I'm sure she's not that happy about me meeting this kind of friends but hey, it's her who said she wasn't interested in a Sounders vs. New York City FC match played in July, on a Saturday, at midday no less. And I'm with two colleagues after all, just watching my former teammates play (and win, actually: seeing Denni score a brace and Stefan save a penalty made me absolutely radiant with joy... I'm still a Sounder at heart after all).
    I know Bill and his wife are in Seattle too, and he apparently won't let me enjoy my holidays a little bit: he's here beside us as he asked me to arrange a meeting for the afternoon. So dear journal you know what this means: after the match I'll join Bill and Paul Allen in one of the executive rooms here at the CenturyLink Field and we'll be discussing about the upcoming ECSL, as it now looks like it's official despite no public announcement by UEFA yet. Despite this, the RFEF must know something more about it:
    Bx7UuOu.png
    Meanwhile I'm glad to see that our scouts are currently traveling to Italy, to Parma more precisely, to have a look at a potential new signing. And I'm pretty relieved that Vyntra has renewed his contract after thinking about retirement.

Welcome back, Loukas... Even if you didn't really leave in the first place!
  • ale85bg
    edited March 30
    The time for talking has ended and from now on it will be the pitch talking, as we play our first matches of the season in the International European Cup.

wyg3sQc.png

GIndAVR.png

JLDvWKA.png

Well, the results aren't really what I would've expected but hey, it's still preseason and we've experimented a little. A little too much, perhaps. :unamused:
  • Greenman019
    Maybe too much experimentation as you say. Still, undefeated ^^ Could always be worse right?
  • ale85bg
    edited March 31
    Yeah, pretty likely it's so. We switched from a 4-3-3 in the first match to a 4-2-3-1 in the second to a 3-4-1-2 in the fnal one... It looks like the trend is the same that we used to follow in the last spring: we concede few goals but we also don't score much.
    Also there was somehow a hle in the midfield after Sissoko's retirement, so here comes another signing:
    CCbJBOn.png
    José Antonio García Rabasco, mostly known as Verza, has joined today signing a three years deal. And our scouts from Italy returned bringing Zouhair Feddal with them, just on loan for the moment, and he will be replacing El Adoua who's most likely leaving.
  • ale85bg
    By the way, it looks like we're not the only ones doing business... July has been already pretty interesting in terms of transfers:

5wSSpcy.png
  • dannyboy
    12201 posts Has That Special Something
    Godin to Tenerife sounds a bit weird tbh
  • ale85bg
    I started giving them almost unlimited funds when I was managing Gladbach back in FIFA 14 for the sake of seeing what would happen with another team fighting with the 'usual suspects'... I'm surprised they didn't start splashing all this cash before, honestly! :joy:

They've become a team fighting for an European spot now, and as I said earlier they're given unlimited money year in, year out. I wonder if they could eventually reach Real, Barcelona and Atlético sooner or later.
  • ale85bg
    Apparently we just picked up right where we stopped last season: difficult to break down but with some struggle upfront.

sE8XDJJ.png

WTbEFxY.png
  • subpop
    Two draws to start against humble teams. Not the best results but I wish you can build up from this.