The Scouting, Youths and Regens Thread

Alastair
5042 posts Moderator
The Scouting, Youths and Regens Thread

Welcome to the the Scouting, Youths and Regens thread. This thread encompasses everything to do with the Global Scouting Network, Youth Scouting, Youth Squad and Regens.

The following posts detail each mode. If you have any suggestions for extra detail to put in them then please PM me.

Comments

• Alastair
    5042 posts Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Global Scouting Network
    Global Transfer Network completely reinvented scouting from FIFA 14’s Career Mode onwards.

Clubs will start out with between one to four scouts on staff. Larger clubs will start with a number of scouts, while smaller sides may only have one available. All clubs can eventually hire up to six scouts to evaluate talent, and scouts themselves are rated from one to five stars depending on their influence and ability.

When looking for talent, scouts can target up to six traits to help zero in on the right fit for the squad. The search’s specificity and the quality of the scout will determine the wait for results. Typically, scouts will report back with information on players after a few days, up to a week. Scouts can be relocated at any time and will be constantly searching for talent throughout the season.

The first round of transfer reports will include preliminary information and minor details about a player’s potential strengths. As players are scouted, information becomes more detailed and accurate. Managers don’t have to immediately make decisions based on scouting reports; information is always accessible but does become outdated over time. If an entire season goes by, the information that was once collected may not be valid, so it’s best to keep tabs on targeted and viable players for your team.

List of countries you can scout in Global Scouting Network:

Northern Europe:
    --Denmark
    --England
    --Republic of Ireland
    --Norway
    --Russia
    --Scotland
    --Sweden

Central Europe:
    --Austria
    --Belgium
    --France
    --Germany
    --Netherlands
    --Switzerland

Southern Europe:
    --Italy
    --Portugal
    --Spain

Rest of Europe:
    --Poland

Asia:
    --Korea Republic (South Korea)
    --Saudi Arabia

Australia:
    --Australia

South America:
    --Argentina
    --Brazil
    --Chile
    --Colombia

North America:
    --USA
    --Mexico

Credit to awcwc for putting the list of scoutable nations together

Everything in this post is from FIFA 14 so my be slightly out of date.
  • Alastair
    5042 posts Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Youth Scouting
    Youth scouting allows you to send a scout to a certain part of the world where they search for players for you. You can tell them to look for a certain type of player, a player in a certain position or all types/position of players.

And a list of countries you can scout for youth talent. (countries in italics are youth scouting only - not Global Scouting network):

Northern Europe:
    --Denmark
    --England
    --Finland
    --Republic of Ireland
    --Northern Ireland
    --Norway
    --Russia
    --Scotland
    --Sweden

Central Europe:
    --Austria
    --Belgium
    --France
    --Germany
    --Netherlands
    --Switzerland

Southern Europe:
    --Croatia
    --Greece
    --Italy
    --Portugal
    --Spain
    --Turkey

Rest of Europe:
    --Poland
    --Czech Republic
    --Romania
    --Slovakia
    --Slovenia
    --Serbia

Asia:
    --Korea Republic (South Korea)
    --Saudi Arabia
    --China PR

Australia:
    --Australia
    --New Zealand

South America:
    --Argentina
    --Bolivia
    --Brazil
    --Chile
    --Colombia
    --Ecuador
    --Paraguay
    --Peru
    --Uruguay
    --Venezuela

North America:
    --USA
    --Mexico
    --Canada

Africa:
    --Algeria
    --Cameroon
    --Egypt
    --Ghana
    --Ivory Coast
    --Morocco
    --Nigeria
    --South Africa

Credit to awcwc for putting the list of scoutable nations together

Post edited by Alastair on
  • Alastair
    5042 posts Moderator
    Youth Team
    All scouted players go into your youth team. Players in here are normally between the ages of 14 and 18. You start off with minimal knowledge of each player but the longer they are in your team for, the more knowledge you gain.

When a player turns 16 you are able to sign them on a professional contract.

Some players reach a better potential rating if they are left in your youth team until either they request to move up to the full squad or are 18 and you therefore have to sign them or release them.
  • Alastair
    5042 posts Moderator
    Regens
    Regens are regenerated players. They are similar to old players who have retired. They normally appear the season after the original player retired at the clubs in the same league as the old player was when they retired. They have the same nationality and often position as the retired player.
  • Tornado3k
    23 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2016
    What... Surely you'll be able to scout Japan in the GTN this year... I think you've just posted last years info... So typically EA Laziness :):):);)
  • Alex
    868 posts Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Tornado3k wrote: »
    What... Surely you'll be able to scout Japan in the GTN this year... I think you've just posted last years info... So typically EA Laziness :):):);)

It literally says it in the post.
  • Racso
    12 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for posting the info Alastair.

So they've added youth scouting for Japan (good thing) but not added other nations. As I'm only interested in managing the Welsh team this has saved me from buying again. It's impossible to develop a national side if you can't youth scout. I was hoping with my nation having been in the top 10 of the FIFA world rankings for the past couple of years, we would've been acknowledged. Some other emerging nations too. I guess there aren't enough customers in Wales for EA to bother.

Ah well. Money saved for me.
  • Alastair
    5042 posts Moderator
    Racso wrote: »

So they've added youth scouting for Japan (good thing) but not added other nations. As I'm only interested in managing the Welsh team this has saved me from buying again. It's impossible to develop a national side if you can't youth scout. I was hoping with my nation having been in the top 10 of the FIFA world rankings for the past couple of years, we would've been acknowledged. Some other emerging nations too. I guess there aren't enough customers in Wales for EA to bother.

I won't know what countries have been added till release so I would advise waiting till then before you make a decision.
  • Racso
    12 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2016
    Alastair wrote: »

I won't know what countries have been added till release so I would advise waiting till then before you make a decision.

Thanks for the reply. But I'm assuming that if this list is confirmation that Japan have been added, then it's highly likely Wales won't be because of their omission.

Hope I'm wrong.
  • Alastair
    5042 posts Moderator
    Alastair wrote: »

Thanks for the reply. But I'm assuming that if this list is confirmation that Japan have been added, then it's highly likely Wales won't be because of their omission.

Hope I'm wrong.

I didn't add Japan into the list (I've removed them now as it appears another mod edited my post - I'll readd them if they're confirmed).
  • Racso wrote: »

I'm with you on this man, just keep fingers crossed until release :P
  • Racso
    12 posts Ball Boy
    No Wales again.

How many years has it been now? 5 or something.

Speak to you next year Alastair. Maybe we can cut and paste the same conversation to save time.
  • FiremanTOR
    70 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2016
    Spammed a couple of Youth Scouting Reports to bring some information;

1. The current OVR judgement of players seems to have several decreased, I only used 5*/5* scouts, yet still find that player's who are 53-71 potential, to be 48-62 a month later. Luckily potential seems to remaind relatively the same.
    judgement.jpg

3. OVR's seem to be able to start slightly higher (63 15-year olds are not uncommon).

3. Curent OVR and Potential are still seperated, like how they introduced in FIFA 16, a player could have 94 potential and start at 55 current OVR and a player with current OVR 65, could only have a potential of 80.

4. Still can't see skill moves/weak foot until youth players are recruited.

5. You can still reload game 1 day before Scouting Report and get a different/better scouting report.
  • Boeruh
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have a question for anyone who used the youth system in EA Access: did they change the bad physical stats on youth players? In the last editions of Fifa I never got any players with pace. Also almost every player I got was very slow and had no stamina, whilst the passing, shooting and dribbling were insanely good. Did that change in Fifa 17?
  • FiremanTOR
    70 posts Park Captain
    There seem to be some with 79/80 Acceleration and 75+ Sprint Speed as 15-year olds, but just like in FIFA 16, Physicals are suppose to grow until 20 (if that will actually happen is another story).

• Ok well I apologise if you mentioned these were reposts Alastair... I'm more than willing to apologise when I'm wrong...

What I would ask though is that a little effort be put into improving the youth system & development... Part of the reason I play career mode is to bring through 'the youth' which is currently very hit and miss... I have had some amazing players on FIFA 16 i'ma 'Pompey' career...

However as pointed out above there are still a lot of problems... I just hope career mode as a whole gets the big improvement next year...
  • They need to redo the youth scouting. I'm not impressed at all. you should be able to see a player weak foot, skill moves and work rates before signing them. which is still really inconsistent, too many times ill find a defender with better skill moves than a winger or my striker will have low attack work rate but high defense work rate. then the scouting a country should be better. so you should have the ability to scout a certain position instead of just "Attacker" or "defensive minded." as of right now the only 3 scouting tactics I find useful are the "goalkeeper," "Winger," and "physically strong."
  • FiremanTOR
    70 posts Park Captain
    Japan is added, but has the problem of no player portraits, which we saw in some other countries that EA hoped we didn't scout in in FIFA 16.

I have to say the quality of players (stat distribution) is a lot better, I've found 15-year olds with proper impressive acceleration/sprint speed stats. Also players with decent amount of Stamina, defenders with good Strength/Jumping.

It seems to be a good fix for FIFA 16 scouting, but there's still too much wrong with it as Comrade pointed out, that could've been done much better.
  • I used the Scout Future Star to get my youth Academy started. They brought back a nice looking player with physicals in the low 80s, and stamina in the mid 60s. Once I signed the player to the senior squad his stats all dropped by about 20 points. Anyone else have this happen?
  • FiremanTOR
    70 posts Park Captain
    Markus157 wrote: »
    I used the Scout Future Star to get my youth Academy started. They brought back a nice looking player with physicals in the low 80s, and stamina in the mid 60s. Once I signed the player to the senior squad his stats all dropped by about 20 points. Anyone else have this happen?

Seems to be a visual bug only, the panel on the right is completely off, the real stats of the player are shown in the OVR or if you sign him, in the summary.

• Big fan of CM and have played FIFA 17's version enough to have some initial thoughts on the Youth Academy feature this year. Here's my take:

1) YA scouting distributions are skewed
    The quality distributions for YA players is still OP in FIFA 17. The scouts generate way too many 90+ potential players. If I have three 5*/5* scouts I can easily have a stable full of them within a year. And at a club with moderate amounts of money, getting 4*-5* scouts isn't hard at all which makes this a problem. IRL there should only be a handful of those players each year in the entire game, not within one team. Also, you get WAY too many 90+ GKs through the YA. I can have 5-10 of them in a year which is just stupid.

I know FIFA is nearly unparalleled in its neglect of CM (compared to NBA 2K, Madden, etc.), but this is such an easy thing to fix yet breaks the game (unless you restrict yourself, which we shouldn't have to do). Anybody halfway competent at math can do some simulations to see how many players are generated in each quality class (60-70, 70-80, etc.) for each age group in a year. If FIFA cared even a little, this wouldn't still be a problem.

2) YA players almost always have bad workrates
    Idk how many 90+ potential players I've signed to the first team, only to find out that there workrates would make them terrible to actually play with. Attackers with low/low or med/low (Def/Att) work rates, or fast full backs with low attacking work rate (even though almost all real FBs that are fast have med/high attacking work rate). You can find examples of this with any of the positions. I wouldn't mind if there were a few Balotelli's in the bunch (i.e. talented, lazy players), but this is almost the rule, rather than the exception. Also, work rates never change as players grow so it's not like this problem goes away.

I heard that this was an issue last year and it looks like it's still a (BIG) problem this year. Again, the neglect is unparalleled.

3) YA player physical stats seems to have been fixed
    It looks like YA player's physical stats are more reasonable this year (though I haven't done a thorough investigation to be sure). Also, it appears those physical stats do grow, as well. Not sure why they couldn't address the other issues but at least they got this one right finally.
  • Nylonbag219
    73 posts Park Captain
    2) YA players almost always have bad workrates
    Idk how many 90+ potential players I've signed to the first team, only to find out that there workrates would make them terrible to actually play with. Attackers with low/low or med/low (Def/Att) work rates, or fast full backs with low attacking work rate (even though almost all real FBs that are fast have med/high attacking work rate). You can find examples of this with any of the positions. I wouldn't mind if there were a few Balotelli's in the bunch (i.e. talented, lazy players), but this is almost the rule, rather than the exception. Also, work rates never change as players grow so it's not like this problem goes away.

This is the main reason why I don't even bother with the Youth Academy scouting, its a complete waste of time. The one that annoys me most is the fullbacks workrates, IRL most world class full backs have med/high workrates but yet EA never seems to realize this issue and fix it, its been like that for years. The youth academy is just nonsense!!

• The thing that frustrates me the most is the fact that YA players do not have player traits or do not develop them. How is it I can have a very skillful CAM with 5 star skills but has no flair trait? Why can't some players have outside foot shot trait? Especially for those players with severe one footedness. Why no defenders that have the power header trait or maybe A trait like "Goes to ground often for tackles" just something that adds some player personality.

Also not being able to Scout Wales I just do not understand.

Still need to have adequate skill moves for positions....how many CB do you know of with 5 star skills?? Also something that could be potentially interesting is academy players that have dual nationally, and u21 national teams as well, it could add an extra layer of depth
  • Still need to have adequate skill moves for positions....how many CB do you know of with 5 star skills??

Well there's Djimi Traore.

TraoreOG.gif
  • Anyone else have the very annoying problem of where you sign a regen from another team or get him as a free agent, His overall rating decreases? This happened to me in one season with 4 players (all regens) and their overall dropped in between -6 to -9. They were all 18 or under. Does anyone know how to fix this or even how to increase their overall quickly?
  • I am having a very large amount of my youth players starting with stamina in the high 40s. The highest stamina I've seen so far is from a few physically gifted players who start in the low 60s.
  • I've copied my post from bugs page as think it's been overlooked,it's more applicable to this post,please comment if anyone else has noticed the problem.
    Issue Details: promoted youth players names are not spoken by commentator during match,even basic English names like gibbs,Carter & roberts
    Game Mode: Career Mode
    Platform Xbox One
    Region: england
    Gamertag / PSN / Origin ID: Goonerbaz
  • Scoot
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    That slight disappointment when you get your best looking scouted youth with an overall of 56-71 and comes out 60 in the academy

So to lead on from this, without any training, whats the highest youth overall people have scouted? I skipped 16 so I had to adjust from the 70+ youth overalls from fifa 15 - though I much prefer 17 youths!
  • ACamp1900
    341 posts Sunday League Hero
    I found 6'4" striker with 94 speed... It wasn't 78-99 speed, but while in youth academy it was SET on 94... I started training up his finishing with the plan of calling him up soon.... I was getting super hyped... then one month his speed feel to 88... still great but disappointing... then I sign him and his speed falls to 72...

From 94 to 72... what gives??
  • Scoot
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    ACamp1900 wrote: »
    I found 6'4" striker with 94 speed... It wasn't 78-99 speed, but while in youth academy it was SET on 94... I started training up his finishing with the plan of calling him up soon.... I was getting super hyped... then one month his speed feel to 88... still great but disappointing... then I sign him and his speed falls to 72...

From 94 to 72... what gives??

I've only had that when using the scout future star thingy - is this what you used? All the attributes were in the high 80's but signing into first team all dropped into 60's. Still not a bad youth but I know what you mean