Career Mode Story Help Thread (Resources, Graphics, Collabs and General Help)

Alastair
5279 posts Moderator
The Career Mode Story Help Thread is a thread where you can get any help you need with your career mode story.

This thread is a merger of the old Resource, Graphics and Collab threads as well being a general story help thread. Use this thread to browse for resources to use in your stories, show off and get feedback on your latest work in progress graphics, find a partner to do a Collab with or just ask for any other general help and advice with your story.

Comments

• Alastair
    5279 posts Moderator
    FAQs

What is a Career Mode Story?
    • A Career Mode Story is story of a members progress on FIFA 15. It can be as detailed or as simple as the writer wants it to be and it can even be in video format. You do not need to be able to make graphics to do a story. Stories can be done in almost every mode of the game but Career Mode and Tournament Mode are the two most commonly done.

What is a Collab?
    • A Collab is a collaboration between two (or more) members. The most common examples are if one member plays the matches and writes the updates and another member makes all the graphics.

Where should I start?
    • Feel free to jump into any story in the section and comment on in, it doesn't matter if you only start reading part way through a story, the writer will be as happy to see you if you join on page 1 or page 100.

You might also like to introduce yourself to the rest of the members in the section, to do that why not make a post on the Chat Thread saying hi and maybe even letting us know a bit about who you like using in CM.

If you want to start a story and want some advice on anything to do with the thread then use this thread. We will be more than happy to help answer any of your questions to help you.

If you have any questions about the forum then please send one of the Career Mode Stories moderators a message. The Career Mode Stories moderators are:
      Why is no-one commenting on my story?
      • There are various reasons people don't comment on stories. The most common reasons are you not commenting on anyone else's story (it is polite to return the favour if someone comments on yours), you ignore constructive criticism from members or you are a newer member. If it is because you are a newer member then stick with the story and over time more and more people will comment on it. Don't start several stories within a few days as this will put people off reading them. We like to think of CMS as a friendly community so in most cases people will comment on most stories but if you are unlucky and this doesn't happen then don't give up, people will comment if you are consistent.

How can I make my story mobile friendly?
      • This guide written by the Community Manager, Rob, explains how to make your forum content mobile friendly. It is written for people planning to write Guides but is equally applicable to users writing Career Mode Stories.

What formatting options are there to make my story look good?
      • This guide written by the one of the Writers, LT, explains how you can use BB code in your posts. It covers font size and colour as well as the options easily accessible from the bar of shortcuts available when making a post
  • Alastair
    5279 posts Moderator
    edited April 11
    MLyQ15C.png

This is a thread which aims to improve the quality of the stories on this forums by providing tutorials, graphics and other resources which are free for any member to use.

This pack contains tutorials, graphics and other resources which are free for any member to use for their story on this forums. .

RrA8Thy.png

If you wish to add anything to the pack then feel free to post it here or send me a PM and I'll provide you with a URL you can use to directly upload it to the pack

If you would like to have help compile this pack then send me a PM and I can set up edit privileges to the folder for you.
    Post edited by Alastair on
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2016
    So it's finally live! :)
    And as this is the help thread... Could you please help me convince my boss that I need a week off so I could play some matches of my career mode in advance? :p
  • Pwaaaleee
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    Could get a family member to phone on your behalf to say you've gone missing. If you end up on the news though then things have gone terribly wrong.

I got a bit mixed up when booking a week off. I thought it released on 26th so 3 days wasted but I get a good 4 days when it drops. :)

It's relatively unknown here but Pixlr is another good site for people starting up with CMS.
  • Alastair
    5279 posts Moderator
    ale85bg wrote: »
    So it's finally live! :)
    And as this is the help thread... Could you please help me convince my boss that I need a week off so I could play some matches of my career mode in advance? :p

Tell them I said you needed time off, if they still say no tell them to PM me. :)

Pwaaaleee wrote: »
    Could get a family member to phone on your behalf to say you've gone missing. If you end up on the news though then things have gone terribly wrong.

I got a bit mixed up when booking a week off. I thought it released on 26th so 3 days wasted but I get a good 4 days when it drops. :)

It's relatively unknown here but Pixlr is another good site for people starting up with CMS.

If you're on XBOX or PC then get EA/Origin Access. You can play 10 hours (I think) between the 22nd and launch (as well as loads of other games) and it is £3.99 for one month.
  • Greenman019
    2091 posts Fans' Favourite
    Early access is only the day before release?
  • Alastair
    5279 posts Moderator
    Early access is only the day before release?

22nd early access, 29th European release.
  • Greenman019
    But then you have to pee order through Origin right? They seem to always be a good £10 more expensive than others.
  • Ashy
    6998 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2016
    But then you have to pee order through Origin right? They seem to always be a good £10 more expensive than others.
    for early access? No you don't even have to pre order you can just pay for a month on Xbox for £4 and you get 10 hours of the full game, so my story will official begin on the 22nd
  • Chris
    5207 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »
    for early access? No you don't even have to pre order you can just pay for a month on Xbox for £4 and you get 10 hours of the full game, so my story will official begin on the 22nd

im waiting for the first patch, incase there is some kind of game breaking bug like normal
  • Greenman019
    edited September 2016
    I might try that then. I assume it's also on PC (Early access)? Would like to start my CM story early ^^
  • Alastair
    5279 posts Moderator
    I would advise people not to start a CM till after the first patch (excluding the release day patch). Normally there is a major bug fixed in this and I've seen loads of stories end in early October as a result of this.
  • Virtual_K
    1005 posts Professional
    What happens to older threads on FIFA16 CMS that aren't quite finished yet? Do they die a slow and horrible death?
  • Wyojasond
    7165 posts Big Money Move
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    What happens to older threads on FIFA16 CMS that aren't quite finished yet? Do they die a slow and horrible death?

Lol. I think the old forums stay active. I just wouldn't expect many people to come back and check it out :'(
  • Ashy
    edited September 2016
    Alastair wrote: »
    I would advise people not to start a CM till after the first patch (excluding the release day patch). Normally there is a major bug fixed in this and I've seen loads of stories end in early October as a result of this.
    When was the first patch last year?
    If it isn't done by Friday 23rd I may just use all 10hours on UT
  • Alastair
    5279 posts Moderator
    Virtual_K wrote: »

PM me with a link to the thread and I'll move it over. :)
    When was the first patch last year?
    If it isn't done by Friday 23rd I may just use all 10hours on UT

It'll be early October.
  • Ashy
    edited September 2016
    Early October?! So you recommend not starting a career mode until then? Think I'll take my chances, started last year day before release and it was fine
  • Wyojasond
    Early October?! So you recommend not stating a career mode until then? Think I'll take my chances, started last year day before release and it was fine

Yeah I agree. I feel like all the updates happened last year and it didn't really affect the game that much.
  • Wyojasond
    What do you guys think? Should I try to add who scored? Planning on doing different scoreboards depending on the division.

OlGiR9w.jpg
  • o ShifTyZz o
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    They look nice. How do you make them curved?
  • Wyojasond
    They look nice. How do you make them curved?

Thanks man. It's just an option this graphic thing I have has. It's just a square box with curved corners. Then I just added a vignette and shadow to it. I do all my graphics on an iPad so not sure what you are using :)
  • o ShifTyZz o
    Recently started using photoshop and im fairly hopeless at the moment
  • Wyojasond
    Recently started using photoshop and im fairly hopeless at the moment

Ashy is the photoshop expert. I'm sure he could give you a few pointers if you need some B)
  • Alastair
    5279 posts Moderator
    @Wyojasond Wow...

They are great. :)
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Very nice Jason, very nice! :)
  • Wyojasond
    @Wyojasond Wow...

They are great. :)
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Very nice Jason, very nice! :)

Thanks guys! It took me a few tries to get them right but I'm very happy with them. I edited them just a little bit more as you can see in my story thread but I'm glad everyone likes them :)
  • o ShifTyZz o
    WS9KhaE.png
    thoughts on this lads? tried to replicate the premier league logos to the best of my ability
  • o ShifTyZz o
    Now that i look at it maybe i should have put the numbers before hazards name
  • Chris
    5207 posts Moderator
    FhBV7lI.png
This discussion has been closed.