So did everyone give up wanting compensation?

iNero
663 posts Sunday League Hero
Did everyone give up wanting compensation for the chemistry issue?
having just been on live chat I got offered 2 gold packs and 1 premium pack and refused anything else woo...

Comments

• Horizonvapor
    480 posts Sunday League Hero
    Waste of time mate you won't get anything other than packs which are not tradable like you already mentioned
  • Wooly1203
    1779 posts Play-Off Hero
    Waste of time mate you won't get anything other than packs which are not tradable like you already mentioned

• RadioShaq
    10732 posts Moderator
    I suppose it wasn't as bad as people made it out to be. Once futties came everyone was back to throwing money and playing the game again. Was really hoping for free money from all those going to sue ea threads though.
  • heavymcd
    9544 posts League Winner
    Most probably gave up. Most probably never cared that much, or never spent enough for it to matter, or both.
  • Reus
    18579 posts World Class
    they fixed it
  • heavymcd
    9544 posts League Winner
    Reus wrote: »
    they fixed it

Doesn't mean that it wasn't defective for years, and that players shouldn't get some compensation for that.
  • iNero
    663 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ah well having seen all the threads before was just expecting at least something
    After spending ages on several chats I can see why people gave up sigh.
  • illinifan
    7578 posts League Winner
    Yes
  • roovzy
    802 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Some people posted hinting they received something (refunds?) after making a formal complaint to EA. They posted about it near the end of one of the big threads on #chemgate. Dunno if it was cash or fifa points refunded, I didn't spend enough to warrant the time required to persue a complaint.
  • heavymcd
    9544 posts League Winner
    Microsoft took good care of me. I was actually pretty impressed. Had to escalate, obviously, but I am 100% satisfied with their response.
  • roovzy
    heavymcd wrote: »
    Microsoft took good care of me. I was actually pretty impressed. Had to escalate, obviously, but I am 100% satisfied with their response.
    Microsoft have been known to provide a full refund if you can justify it to them. Allegedly they will say it's a one time only goodwill gesture. Can you elaborate a little?
  • heavymcd
    9544 posts League Winner
    roovzy wrote: »

Microsoft have been known to provide a full refund if you can justify it to them. Allegedly they will say it's a one time only goodwill gesture. Can you elaborate a little?

I escalated to their top level support out of Seattle/Redmond. Was offered 100% refund as credit to my XBL account for all FP purchased, and I think for the game as well. It has like a two year expiration.

May wind up being less, but only because I don't want to deal with opening a new ticket later. Fun fact, there's actually a /limit/ to how much credit you can have on your XBL account. So spent some, they'll add more to get back to that limit, and I'll call it good regardless of whether it's the full amount. Still way more than I expected.
  • Horizonvapor
    480 posts Sunday League Hero
    Did you lose all the purchases associated with those FP's @heavymcd
  • heavymcd
    9544 posts League Winner
    Did you lose all the purchases associated with those FP's @heavymcd

I offered to forfeit all of it. But no, they left it.
  • amazed you sold out. was that part of getting yourself taken care of ? amazed i saw no thread from you telling others how ..
  • roovzy

I escalated to their top level support out of Seattle/Redmond. Was offered 100% refund as credit to my XBL account for all FP purchased, and I think for the game as well. It has like a two year expiration.

May wind up being less, but only because I don't want to deal with opening a new ticket later. Fun fact, there's actually a /limit/ to how much credit you can have on your XBL account. So spent some, they'll add more to get back to that limit, and I'll call it good regardless of whether it's the full amount. Still way more than I expected.
    Congrats. I'd be satisfied with that too. :smiley:
  • heavymcd
    9544 posts League Winner
    amazed you sold out. was that part of getting yourself taken care of ? amazed i saw no thread from you telling others how ..

Posted in a couple threads that I got taken care of by going through MS instead of EA and escalating. Even gave more details to somebody that PM'd me.

I may not have shouted it from the rooftops, but I didn't keep it a secret either. *shrug*
  • DoD_Jester
    23955 posts Club Captain
    amazed you sold out. was that part of getting yourself taken care of ? amazed i saw no thread from you telling others how ..

Posted in a couple threads that I got taken care of by going through MS instead of EA and escalating. Even gave more details to somebody that PM'd me.

I may not have shouted it from the rooftops, but I didn't keep it a secret either. *shrug*

Considering you were one of the most vocal forumers 'demanding' things be taken care of, maybe shouting from the rooftops would be the right way to go?
  • RadioShaq
    10732 posts Moderator
    It was hush money.
  • JohnDoe
    5952 posts Big Money Move

Considering you were one of the most vocal forumers 'demanding' things be taken care of, maybe shouting from the rooftops would be the right way to go?

Not when many of this forums' users were so critical of him. After all @heavymcd did, people still had a go at him, defending EA like it was their own company.
  • Pughy30
    18796 posts World Class
    Honestly couldn't care not wasting hours emailing and messaging people for some gold packs
  • heavymcd
    9544 posts League Winner
    edited August 2016

Perhaps. On the other hand, given that it requires being polite, concise, and asking rather than demanding maybe sending a horde of kids from this forum their way wouldn't be entirely appropriate either.

RadioShaq wrote: »
    It was hush money.

Meh. Again, I've mentioned it, as have a couple others. Given how many were just flabbergasted at the idea of not accepting it and dropping it, probably more than I was obligated to do.

Besides which, "go to Microsoft if EA won't help" is hardly dark magicks. Knowing to escalate beyond first tier support is common sense. Anybody that gave enough of a **** could likely have done so.
  • DoD_Jester
    23955 posts Club Captain

Perhaps. On the other hand, given that it requires being polite, concise, and asking rather than demanding maybe sending a horde of kids from this forum their way wouldn't be entirely appropriate either.

When you put it that way, I kinda see your point

Can't say I venture onto GD very often anyway in fairness, I just remember you being very vocal on the subject the rare occasion I did lurk on here, that being said, your right, maybe more people should have used there common sense and escalated there issues to the Console Manufacturers > the publisher, if nothing else to get the pressure heaped onto EA

I would appreciate a further explanation via PM if you have the time and inclination as to how you achieved that. If you don't mind of course
  • Aussiefifa
    49 posts Park Captain
    I got a full refund of $ onto my credit card.
    Similar dispute to @heavymcd
  • heavymcd
    9544 posts League Winner
    Aussiefifa wrote: »

Back to the CC, though, that's pretty swank.

I'm more than happy with XBL credit personally, I'll probably get it spent before it expires. But a cash refund would have been nicer. :)
  • COACH
    20339 posts Club Captain
    Reus wrote: »
    they fixed it

Doesn't mean that it wasn't defective for years, and that players shouldn't get some compensation for that.

This
  • MikeyP_FC
    8744 posts League Winner
    Happy for you guys, @heavymcd I didn't buy any FP this year so I wasn't really bothered, but i totally get why you and many others were so upset and it's good you got satisfactory resolution
  • roovzy
    Did MS compensate only for FUT 16 or did it include previous FP purchases for example FUT 15 or even 14?

How about for you @heavymcd?
  • heavymcd
    9544 posts League Winner
    Did MS compensate only for FUT 16 or did it include previous FP purchases for example FUT 15 or even 14?

How about for you @heavymcd?

They said specifically they would not go to past FIFAs, only 16 (which was already an exception to policy).

Have to draw the line somewhere.
  • roovzy

Back to the CC, though, that's pretty swank.

I'm more than happy with XBL credit personally, I'll probably get it spent before it expires. But a cash refund would have been nicer. :)
    Why not request the same now you know it's a possibility? :wink: