FIFA 16 ea admiting to a handicap in ut

Dchappers
8 posts Ball Boy
I managed to get it out the advisor today , he said that the mechanics of the new fifas especially after 12/13 is to prevent people getting thrashed all the time, so if you find even though you dominate games with better players and lose more than you should usually 1-0 and they have one shot it's because ea don't won't them not to play the game or buy it again , so they handicap the better player. Nice one ea even though most know it goes on, so what's the point in playing if it's controlled!!

Comments

• Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dude, advisers don't know a damn. They just make things up, trust me on that. They have no connection to the studio, they just can report things to them, and I know for a fact that there is no handicap.
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Amir wrote: »
    I know for a fact that there is no handicap.

Not saying there is or isn't, but how do you know for a fact?

• Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect

I've been at the studio several times.
  • Dchappers
    8 posts Ball Boy
    I've been to the studios too, the developers would never admit it...all I'm saying is what the advisor said that the mechanics in FIFA is to stop people prob younger generation getting beaten easily and them never playing it again. I'm sure we've all experienced games way to much which you wonder how you lost!!
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move

I've been at the studio several times.

And i've been to the White House several times and nobody answered any of my questions about "dirty secrets." :smile:
  • Sercs
    12510 posts Has That Special Something
    there is no handicap

my understanding is there is something called ELO which matches players of similar skill even if they are in the same division

so for example the very best get fairer match ups in the top division
  • Dchappers
    8 posts Ball Boy
    Sercs wrote: »
    there is no handicap

my understanding is there is something called ELO which matches players of similar skill even if they are in the same division

so for example the very best get fairer match ups in the top division

Elo might exist, but I'm talking cups!! I have so many games where I dominate having 15-20 shots and end up scrapping a 1-0 win late on and there goalie whose worse than mine turns into so amazing goalie, I hit the post 3-4 times a game when it's stitching me up, so when the advisor said there is something in the game to stop you winning easily this couldn't make more sense when I get these games, which is usually at least 4 out of 10 games. So bingo that would indicate you a being handicapped/restricted..
  • Kakarot1996
    1435 posts Play-Off Hero
    There's no such thing as that. It's just Fifa is plagued with inconsistencies.
  • Dchappers
    8 posts Ball Boy
    There's no such thing as that. It's just Fifa is plagued with inconsistencies.

I don't Know about elo, but know I def get handicapped as all of a sudden my players can't pass , seem like they are running on water , ai turns dumb and can never switch to the correct player. But the option is don't play it if it is that annoying, but when all the **** is not happening it's a good game almost up there with 12/13
  • kijsberg
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2016
    Back in 2011, EA devs used to communicate with the community. Here's a link to the post history of one of them: http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/listByUser/131448.page

uGaQ0Zd.png

8NBuQ4o.png
  • It makes sense to do that. I'm glad that someone official finally admitted it. It actually makes me feel better about dealing with the handicap. I've been playing on the same account since 2013 and it makes a big difference when I play on someone else's account. I can play so much better and the game works smoothly when I'm on a new account, but when I play on my main account, my guys run slower, the ball bounces just a little bit better for the opposition, and it doesn't feel like footbol.