High Pressure abuse

Cokehand
50 posts Park Captain
Obviously this is still in the game and hasn't been affected like we thought it might be from the last patch.
Its easy to know when you are playing somebody exploiting this and its ridiculous.

EA must be aware of it. Everyone on here complains about it. Is there any reason they haven't acknowledged this or made changes to it? Its been the same complaint for years.

Comments

• Pete1564
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Most games in seasons are against high pressure abusers. Ruins the game totally, but for whatever reason EA would appear to have no intention of changing it.
    Other thing that gets me is this auto tackle thing that goes on. Assume they slide aggression to max, and then they just have to run in your general direction and win the ball. Even whilst shielding and with your back to them, they win the ball without conceding a foul. Totally false and unrealistic.
    EA please tone aggression down.
  • Players would be dead on their feet after 30 minutes in real life if they pressed like almost EVERYONE does online. Unless you're happy to play the game at 100 MPH trading pace abuse counter-attack with pace abuse counter-attack this game is all but unplayable.

Reason EA haven't acknowledged it is because this play style is what the pack-buying masses likes, no need for patience or footballing intelligence just relentlessly press you're opponent all over the pitch and when you win the ball break with the Sterling/Sturridge/Walcott (insert other league variation of this) pace combo.
  • raz5229
    1058 posts Professional
    Reason is its the same most of the time even playing offline, AI bit of a joke
  • Wi1son73
    655 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Home from work, slapped on Fifa every game was 100mph, all my players were taking ages to control the ball and his 100mph player snatches the ball easly.. I can't play fast so I loose or draw if I'm lucky.. It's getting to the point that everytime I play Fifa all the games are the same.. Well 95% of the games are. 5% the game feels good with the game is flowing. Really pissing me off!!!!

90mims his players are still running 100mph WTF **** is that???? Patch 1.05 was fixing that problem, so how are they still doing it?

Fifa15 was the same but you could defend easy, and take the ball of them..Then you got them on counter attack.

Honestly this game is ****
  • It has taken me quite some time to figure out what is going on. I am not a hugely skilled player but have always been able to hold my own in divisions 2-4 last years in FUT or Seasons (FIFA 15). This year I have struggled to get past Div 7! am averaging div 8 and have twice as many losses as wins... often I feel like my opponent has supermen on the pitch even though I have some pretty strong players...

Then I found the fifa 16 trainers... one of them is by a guy called "pawellek" google it cos I'm not sure I can link... anyway... what it is, is that people are able to use this trainer to make all their men 99 rated before the match starts, give themselves 99 fitness without buying fitness cards, drain the stamina of their opponent in game or increase their own stamina, or even manipulatie the scores!!!!!

Wonder why guys are charging at you at 100 MPH and tackling your guys with ease? Or why sterling just knocked over Chiellini in a 50/50 battle for the ball? Yeah well 99 rated sterling is strong!!

I love FIFA so much but this has just ruined it for me... so many players are using it, that it is unreal...

Oh... you don't have to buy a trainer to do these hacks... a wee bit of knowledge and a copy of cheat engine will do the trick...

I guess I need to buy a PS4 to find some real competitive head to head action....
  • I should add that I am referring to Fifa 16 PC version in my post.
  • Andyvalver
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    High pressure us a tactic. I've come up against it and used it. Park the bus and set to counter attack is my method against it.
  • Andyvalver wrote: »
    High pressure us a tactic. I've come up against it and used it. Park the bus and set to counter attack is my method against it.

Try it in Div 2 or 1... I played some dude yesterday with a 200/30/20 record. He played some weird 433 with the CAM sitting right behind the strikers (424) and pressed so hard with everything at max. It was impossible to get the damn ball out the half.
  • moist
    76 posts Park Captain
    For me, high pressure abuse (without stamina penalty, I mean) is one of the bigest problems in FIFA series since FIFA 11, and it seems clear that EA won't fix it in next editions.
  • CocoKof
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    moist wrote: »
    For me, high pressure abuse (without stamina penalty, I mean) is one of the bigest problems in FIFA series since FIFA 11, and it seems clear that EA won't fix it in next editions.

Exactly!!!!!!
  • change your game style to avoid this..ex: change formation and custom tactics to 10 in passing..make traingle and do fast simple passing and introduce lob passes in your game :smile:
  • hitmanct13
    44 posts Park Captain
    Ya introduce a lob pass where defenders just catch up to you like they have double the speed.
  • Cokehand
    50 posts Park Captain
    Why should you have to make so many changes just because somebody is abusing high pressure. Why not just make the high pressure team players completely knackered by half time (like real life).

This is obviously an easy thing to do as they have a stat for stamina.

EA choose not to as, like mentioned above, its a favourite tactic for most of the players. Remove this and they might not buy the game anymore.