Small Discussion Thread

Snake
406 posts Moderator
edited September 2016
Hello and welcome to the discussion thread!

This thread is an universal place for small news and discussions outside of club threads. However we would also like this to be a place for questions and feedback for this section.

Enjoy the new forums o:)
Post edited by Snake on

Comments

• Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Is it possible to bookmark a section like you can bookmark a thread? I think that would work for this section, if not GD and such.
  • Snake
    406 posts Moderator
    Not entirely possible, but you can unfollow all other sections and keep the ones you like to read.
  • Snake
    406 posts Moderator
    http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/156749
    ''AC Milan and Sanrio, the company behind Hello Kitty, to release a new exclusive collection.''

I am still not sure if this is an April Fools joke or not.
  • Handy Andy
    4470 posts National Call-Up
    Snake wrote: »
    http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/156749
    ''AC Milan and Sanrio, the company behind Hello Kitty, to release a new exclusive collection.''

I am still not sure if this is an April Fools joke or not.
    It must be surely :joy:

• Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    April fools on March the 31st?
  • Jenko
    April fools on March the 31st?

Milan is a club full of fools all year round.
  • Snake
    406 posts Moderator
    Huh, nice observation. I am definitely first in line to purchase the AC Milan endorsed Hello Kitty plushie, plus I imagine they could get the female/young girls market.

I know it is still quite early, but anyone got any suggestions for this section and match threads? Something we mods could do to improve or just new ideas.
  • Daniel
    1721 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think the idea behind this thread is slightly flawed. 'This thread is a universal place for small news'. Surely the club discussion section itself should endorse individual threads for pieces of football news. This section will become incredibly boring if all club discussion is in allocated club threads, and everything else is just in here.
  • Snake
    406 posts Moderator
    @Daniel fair point, with the low activity in this thread it might get discontinued, but will try to keep it up for 2 weeks. However, this thread was mainly to discuss news that were either not interesting enough to warrant its own thread (think fun news, rumors, random stuff), but would still be interesting for people other than the club.

You are still allowed to create news threads if it has a large enough appeal to people not affiliated with the club.
  • PES
    5166 posts Big Money Move
    Daniel wrote: »
    I think the idea behind this thread is slightly flawed. 'This thread is a universal place for small news'. Surely the club discussion section itself should endorse individual threads for pieces of football news. This section will become incredibly boring if all club discussion is in allocated club threads, and everything else is just in here.
    The downside of this is that the same topic might be discussed in several threads at the same time. It's already happened with the Sterling discussion that's being addressed in multiple threads simultaneously (Liverpool, Arsenal + Sterling contract situation thread). I'm not against creating topics like the Sterling thread, but then we should try and keep the discussion within said topic.
  • Daniel
    1721 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think having the same topic discussed in multiple threads is unavoidable, whether this thread exists or not. I don't think that can ever successfully be policed. I understand the need for a place that includes news that doesn't warrant its own thread, but then it seems odd to have something stickied (therefore deemed important) that just consists of things like 'Crystal Palace have made a £23m profit', or 'Allardyce linked with QPR job'.
  • Wardhiigley
    1974 posts Play-Off Hero
    Snake wrote: »
    I am definitely first in line to purchase the AC Milan endorsed Hello Kitty plushie

I actually think it works well. If they had Hello Kitty across their shirt I would certainly buy it.
  • Seeing as we can now embed tweets, should we have a stickied transfer tweets discussion? Or just a general football related tweet discussion? There is one on RedCafe and it works very well.
  • PES
    edited April 2015
    Sounds good, Twitter never ceases to entertain.
  • Snake
    406 posts Moderator
    That sounds like a good idea, you want to set it up @Evra?
  • Sure.
  • Sabo
    6508 posts Big Money Move
    Montenegro have been awarded a technical defeat after misconduct from their fans caused a Euro 2016 Qualifier against Russia to be called off last month. The result will go down as a 3-0 Russia win.
  • Jenko
    Great free kick from Cresswell, where is the West Ham thread?
  • Create one. @jenko
  • Jenko
    I'm shocked there isn't one already, it would be an honour.
  • ViVaWhom
    3763 posts National Call-Up
    why the **** did Clyne get benched? it **** my fantasy team
  • Mike
    7727 posts League Winner
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    why the **** did Clyne get benched? it **** my fantasy team
    Something to do with him not signing a contract apparently

• Handy Andy
    4470 posts National Call-Up
    @stickey the game when it happened was the last game before a stadium expansion (which obviously would have cost a decent amount) shocking if it is the case that it was started deliberately
  • Jenko
    edited April 2015
    Saw that, disgraceful if true. Is that something he could be charged for, if he's alive?

Nvm, died 1995.
  • Jenko
    Moderator position open for Club Discussion, please not a Chelsea fan.
  • Tamerlane
    4646 posts National Call-Up
    I would like to put my name forward for the role.
  • PES
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    You have my vote.
  • dannyboy
    12198 posts Has That Special Something
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    I will support your campaign.